Jiva Agriculture Pte Ltd, its representative subsidiaries, affiliates, associated companies and jointly controlled entities (collectively “Jiva,” “we,” “us,” “our”) understand the importance of privacy to you. This Policy summarises what Personal Information we may collect, how we may use this information, and other important topics relating to your privacy and data protection.
It is Jiva’s policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our customers, business partners and others who share their Personal Information with us.
This Policy applies to all websites and mobile applications (“Apps”) operated by or on behalf of Jiva. It also applies to Personal Information Jiva may otherwise collect: (i) through our products and services; (ii) when you interact with us by means other than an Jiva website or app, for example, in person, by telephone, or at a trade show or training; and (iii) from our customers, distributors, suppliers, vendors, and other business partners (collectively “Business Partners”).
However, different Jiva websites, Apps, products, and services have different purposes and features. If additional or different disclosures are required for a specific Jiva website, app, product, or service, then we provide those disclosures (“Specific Privacy Statements”) separately on, or with, the relevant website, app, product, or service. Each such specific privacy disclosure, policy, or statement supplements and amends this Policy.
General Principles of Jiva’s Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” or “Personal Information” shall mean any information about an individual who can be identified from that information or from that information combined with other information to which we are likely to have access, including without limitation, information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, identification numbers, location data, image, biometric data, and online identifiers.
Additionally, “process” or “processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, acquisition, holding, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Jiva collects Personal Information, Jiva will:
- provide notice to you about our data practices;
- collect your Personal Information only for specified and legitimate purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was collected or to which you consented;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for Personal Information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within Jiva.
You have choices about the Personal Information you provide Jiva. You may choose not to provide information that we request, but if you do so, we may not be able to provide you with a relevant service or a particular feature for a Jiva website, app, or product.
Personal Information Jiva Collects
Jiva collects the following types of Personal Information -
Information You Provide:
- contact information, such as your name, company name, job title, address, email address, and phone number;
- additional information about you to help us get to know you better, such as your gender, age, date of birth, nationality, marital status, details of dependents, employment history, professional associations and registration numbers, information about how you use our products, and demographic information;
- financial information needed to process sales and purchases, such as credit card or account information or tax identification numbers;
- log-in information, including, if applicable, social media account information for login purposes;
- comments, questions, opinions, requests and orders or sales you may make; and
- as applicable to our farmers and suppliers, information such as the geolocation of farms or businesses, product yields and related analytical information regarding farms or businesses such as inventories and farming methods, financial data such as financing information, pricing, wages, and farmer/supplier identification information such as photographs, signatures, and certificates verifying identity and education.
Information from Business Partners and other Third Parties:
- Jiva collects Personal Information through our Business Partners. This information may include contact information, such as name, company name, job title, address, email address, phone number, education, purchase and sale information.
- Jiva also obtains Personal Information from other third-party sources, including publicly and commercially available sources.
Information Automatically Gathered from Your Device:
- Jiva collects technical information about your device, such as device type, browser type, Internet Protocol address, operating system, and device identifier. Jiva collects this information automatically from your device and web browser through cookies and similar technologies.
Access to or Correction of Your Personal Information
When you provide us with your Personal Information, please ensure that it is accurate and complete. If you believe that any of your Personal Information held by us contains errors or omissions, you have the right to change your Personal Information, by contacting us at details provided below. However we reserve the right to refuse your request for reasons which we reasonably consider to be trivial, frivolous or vexatious.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A "cookie" is a file of information placed on your device when you visit a website. Cookies and similar technologies can enhance your user experience by saving your preferences and personalising your online experience.
Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit an Jiva website, you may not be unable to use all of the functionality of the site if you reject certain cookies.
In addition, your browser may allow you to adjust settings to accept or reject cookies, or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer.
How Jiva Uses Your Personal Information
Jiva uses your Personal Information to:
Develop and manage our relationships with you and our Business Partners. This includes: (i) delivering services or carrying out transactions that you have requested; (ii) providing information about Jiva products, services, transactions, and advertisements, that may be of interest to you; (iii) providing you a more consistent experience in interacting with Jiva, including by learning more about you and how you use and interact with Jiva websites, Apps, products, and services; (iv) planning, managing, and performing under our contractual relationships with you; (v) providing after-sales support to you; and (vi) in the case of farmers, providing farm-management plans and enhancing farming capabilities.
Provide Traceability in the Supply Chain. Jiva is committed to empowering our customers and producers by providing traceability in the supply chain. Traceability allows for socially and environmentally responsible sourcing in the supply chain of our products. Accordingly, we use farmer and supplier Personal Information to enhance traceability and strengthen our partnerships with our farmers, suppliers, and buyers while improving our traceability-focused websites and Apps, and empowering our Business Partners and affiliates to make informed and responsible sourcing decisions.
Foster Careers. You may submit your resume and other information to apply for a job with us either through our sites or via email to an official Jiva email address. We use the information you submit solely for the purposes of considering applications and recruitment (and for purposes of our administration or management if you commence work for us), and not to market to you.
Communicate with you. This includes: (i) informing you of Jiva products, services, events and promotional activities that you requested or may be of interest to you; (ii) providing information about relevant Jiva products, services, and transactions, including, for example, pricing information, technical data, invoice, shipping, or production information, warranty or recall information, or information about product or service improvements; (iii) responding to questions or inquiries that you make, including customer service requests; and (iv) inviting you to participate in, or informing you of the results of, customer satisfaction or market research surveys.
Provide and improve our websites, Apps, products, and services. This includes: (i) customising them to your preferences or interests, making them more compatible with your technology, or otherwise making them easier to use; (ii) maintaining the security of and otherwise protecting them; and (iii) and developing new websites, Apps, products and services.
Address legal issues. This includes: (i) complying with our obligations to retain certain business records for minimum retention periods; (ii) establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims; (iii) complying with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal process; (iv) detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violations of law, or other misuse of Jiva websites, Apps, products or services; and (v) protecting Jiva’s rights or property, or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property.
Manage office visitors. If you visit an Jiva office, we may collect Personal Information about you, including, but not limited to, your title, name, address, phone number, email address, business or company affiliation, government identification (driver’s license, passport), and other details you provide. We process this information for a variety of purposes, including to generally manage your visit, to verify your identity, to provide access to our facilities and systems, for security and other safety purposes, to communicate with you regarding your visit, to provide information we believe may be of interest to you, including regarding our services, for purposes disclosed at the time a visitor provides Personal Information or otherwise with consent.
Process with your consent. We also use your Personal Information for other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your consent. Where you provide us with the Personal Data of any other individual, including any employee that is involved in farming operations or a family member, you confirm that you have notified the individual of the purposes to which you are providing Jiva with that third party's Personal Data and you have obtained the person's consent or that you are legally authorised to consent on their behalf to providing Jiva with that person's Personal Data.
In certain jurisdictions, consent is the primary ground on which Personal Data may be processed by an organisation. In those jurisdictions, processing Personal Data in connection with the performance of a contract or legitimate purposes is not recognised as an accepted ground on which Personal Data may be processed. Accordingly, if you are a resident in such a jurisdiction, you agree that consent will be the ground on which Jiva will process your Personal Data instead of performance of a contract or legitimate purposes.
Note that we can anonymise or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such information will not identify you individually.
When We Share Your Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information except under a lawful and measured basis as follows:
- With other Jiva entities. We share your Personal Information with other Jiva entities, including those in different countries. When we do so, these other Jiva entities will use your information in a manner consistent with this Policy, any applicable Specific Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- Support services. We also share your Personal Information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us. These third parties are required to use the Personal Information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your Personal Information in compliance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- Business partners. In some cases, we will share your Personal Information with third parties who partner with us to provide products and services to our customers, such as distributors in our commercial operations or even with non-governmental organisations who share in our commitment to traceability and sustainability when it comes to farmer and sourcing data. If we do so, we require these third parties to use that information in a manner consistent with this Policy, any applicable Specific Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- Legal obligations. We will also share your Personal Information with third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary: (i) to comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; (ii) to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violation of law, or other misuse of Jiva websites, Apps, products or services; (iii) to protect Jiva’s rights or property or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property; or (iv) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information.
- Sale of business. In the event that our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
- Consent to Share. Other than as provided for in this Policy, we may disclose or share your Personal Information if we notify you and we have obtained your consent for the disclosure or sharing.
- Anonymously. We share anonymised or aggregated information internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify you individually.
Your Personal Information may be transferred from the country (“Origin Country”) in which you are present while using our services to another country.
Your Personal Information may also be stored or processed outside of your Origin Country by our personnel who work for us or in which we engage service providers in other countries.
In such a case, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to your Personal Data, including using appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection of the Personal Data. Regardless, in all events, we shall apply the provisions of this Privacy Statement to your Personal Information wherever it is located.
Security of Your Personal Information
Jiva maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your Personal Information. Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorised disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
Removal of Your Personal Information
Subject to the applicable law, you may have the right to request us to remove your Personal Information in our possessions or controls, by contacting us at details provided below. Note that by requesting the removal of your Personal Information, you may not be able to use our services. Upon your request, we will remove your Personal Data from our systems and cease to collect or disclose your Personal Information, unless we are permitted or required by applicable law to do otherwise.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Jiva will retain your Personal Information for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected. How long we keep your Personal Information will vary and will depend on the purpose and use of information collected. There are also legal requirements that we keep some types of data for specific periods of time.
Personal Data of Minors
We do not collect and process the Personal Data of minors under the relevant minimum age under applicable local legal requirements except for specific services and upon the consent of the holder of parental responsibility. In the event that such Personal Data of a minor is disclosed to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
Personal Data of Other Individuals
In some events, you may provide us Personal Data of other individuals to us. If you provide us with their Personal Data, then you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be shared, collected, used, and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
Links to Other Websites
We have links to other Apps, plugins, or websites that are not owned or controlled by Jiva. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by such Apps or websites. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third party websites and services you use. The use of online tracking mechanisms by those third party websites and services is subject to those third parties' own privacy policies, and not this Privacy Statement.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By accepting this Privacy Statement, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement and you accept all of its terms. In particular, you agree and consent to us collecting, using, sharing, disclosing, storing, transferring, or otherwise processing your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You may withdraw your consent to any or all collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time by giving us reasonable notice in writing using the contact details stated below. You must understand that such withdrawal may result in the termination of your account or of your contractual relationship with us, with all accrued rights and obligations remaining fully reserved. Upon receipt of your notice to withdraw consent for any collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, we will inform you of the likely consequences of such withdrawal so that you can decide if indeed you wish to withdraw consent.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the updates to our website or app. Any updates will become effective immediately after posting and will apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent. You are free to decide whether to accept a modified version of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the modifications, you must cease further use of our website or app.
If you need any clarifications regarding this Policy or have any requests with regards Personal Information we hold about you, please direct your queries to our data privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kebijakan Pribadi di Jiva Agriculture Pte Ltd